Tuesday, October 12, 2010

This has been my view for the past 28 school days.  Their smiling faces, full of desire to learn, are what make me day in and out so happy that I am blessed to be their teacher.  Sure there are the moments that I wonder can I really handle tying one more shoe, or explaining one more time how to raise a hand to talk.  But more often then not my days are filled with smiles, excitement at realizing the "th" sound is in words all around, or the fascination with watching a pan balance actually balance.  In what other job do you get to learn that watercolor paint taste like octopus ink?!  Yes, a student did try eating paint and a discussion in sued of the what to put in our mouths and what not to.  Some of the class wanted to add My mouth does not eat paint to our rules.  :)  The joys of 5 and 6 year olds!  I hope through this blog you will get to enjoy the students...your child...as much as I do.  I can't wait for you to see all that we do and learn!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. Edler and kids, I like your picture and I know you are at Cochran. Have fun!! BYE!
    Love, Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny the things kids want to taste? Looking forward to hearing about all the fun and learning that will happen in your classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colorful and exciting classroom! I'm so proud of Elise and all of her classmates. Thank-you Mrs. Edler for dedicating your time and talents to our children.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete